Super simple and easy to make Chili Oil!
Crazy Simple Chile Oil
- 2 cups neutral oil, like safflower or grapeseed
- 5-10 chiles of your choice (I used rooster and thai, but you could use fresh or dried, anything from Arbol to Ancho or Serrano! Go with what you like!)
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- Cut the stems off of the chilies. (If you want an oil with little or no spice, halve the peppers and remove all seeds and membranes.)
- Heat oil in a small pot to almost smoking. Make sure that you choose a pot that is at least a few inches taller than the height of your oil.
- REMOVE THE PAN FROM THE HEAT.
- Carefully add the chilies and garlic to the oil. They will spit and bubble vigorously. Be safe!
- Allow the oil to cool completely with the chilies and garlic.
- Remove the garlic and bottle!
- For best results, store the oil chilled. If you wind up using olive oil, it will get cloudy and viscous in the fridge. That's normal; it will clear up pretty well when you return it to room temperature.